Friday, October 11, 2013

On an Island

Once upon a time I saw this idea on pinterest of how I could bling-out our island by adding some inexpensive beadboard.  Fast forward to having a carpenter in the house when we did our floors.  And nicely asking if he could cut the beadboard and trim I bought for $40 and put them up for us...(because he would know what he was doing and it would take him all of 10 minutes to do so). 

The island was only covered in a plain white laminate before...  
(And this is before I switched out the handles.)
    

After about $45 worth of beadboard and pieces of trim, some caulk and paint, here it is now...  


I love how it turned out!





1 comment:

  1. Your island looks so great! I love bead board, it makes such a big difference and your new handles are the perfect finishing touch!!

    ReplyDelete