Friday, February 10, 2012

Chinese Cole Slaw

This is one of Ryan's very favorite foods.  I have been nice and made it twice recently.
Hope you like it, too.


Chinese Cole Slaw
For dressing:
1/3 cup white vinegar
1 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup of sugar
3 seasoning packets from chicken flavored ramen noodles

Mix the dressing ingredients and let marinate overnight. 

Combine the dressing with these remaining ingredients:
1 cup glazed pecans (optional)
1 cup sunflower seeds
2 bads of cole slaw mix
10 - 12 green oinions
3 bags of ramen noodles

Happy Friday!





4 comments:

  1. Hi Tricia,

    Oooh, this sounds and looks yummy! I will have to try the recipe out! :) Thank you for your comment and visit to my page - it is greatly appreciated. :) Take care and have a great weekend!

    ~Jessie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tricia,

    I love this salad also! I use teriyaki sauce in mine for flavor instead of the seasoning packets from the noodles. I don't like the MSG in the seasoning. I never tried pecans but use sliced almonds and that is really good too. :)

    Have a great weekend!!!

    Blessings,
    Linda
    www.creativecommotion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't had this sense college! Totally need to bake it again!!! Thanks for sharing! And thanks for cluing me in on freezing the dough...It is a little too good. LOL. We finished the cake in two days...I may have to stop after a couple more batches! XO, Aimee

    ReplyDelete