Thursday, August 18, 2011

Clare's Closet Organization 101

One of the things I love about our house are the good-sized closets in the bedrooms.  To me, Clare's closet is like a little girl's dream, complete with princesses, a Barbie house, and lots of dress-up clothes.  But I thought it was a good idea to do some rearranging in her closet now that she has a uniform to wear and is starting a morning routine.

So the closet went from this:


To this:


Changes I made:
  • Moved the shower curtain bar (that acts as the lower hanging bar in the closet) higher to fit Clare's dresses and uniforms, but still allows her to reach them on her own when getting ready in the morning.    
  • I bought a big pink plastic tub for all of the dress-up clothes.  Now it's easier to just toss everything in a box for clean up.  
  • I had the green hanging shoe storage in Ellen's closet and thought it would function better here.  And it takes up less floor space than the former shoe basket.  The girls at Clare's elementary school need to wear navy shorts under their uniform jumper so I stuck Clare's "privacy shorts" in the top space in the shoe storage.  They may switch back to her dresser if this set-up doesn't work. 
  • Cleared off hooks for any school clothes that need hung up...like sweaters and sweatshirts.

Things I didn't change:
  • The cardboard box on the top shelf has clothes that will fit in the upcoming winter and summer seasons.
  • The basket on the top shelf has shoes that will fit in the upcoming winter and summer seasons.
  • Black laundry basket is for dirty laundry.
  • My Cabbage Patch Doll...need I say more??
  • Large Barbie house...should be around for awhile.



1 comment:

  1. that is an AWESOME idea about the shower curtain rod! i'll be stealing that one from you! :-)

    ReplyDelete